Mission and Beliefs
Engage students to continuously learn, question, define and solve problems through critical and creative thinking.
In pursuit of this, we believe that:
• All students are capable of learning
• All students are supported and challenged to continuously improve
• Academic, intra and interpersonal skills are essential for success
• The learning environment must be safe, ethical and respectful
• Everyone in the community shares responsibility for student development
• We must continue to hire and retain staff of the highest quality·
• Collaboration, data and evidence guide decision-making.
Master Strategies & Indicators of Success
Align leadership, teaching, learning, and assessment systems to ensure that all students continuously learn, question, define and solve problems through critical and creative thinking.
- Assessment evidence demonstrates that all students can question, define and solve problems through critical and creative thinking.
- Curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional development and supervision systems align and respond to measurable goals for student problem solving through critical and creative thinking
- The instructional environment utilizes contemporary technology.
Communicate and engage with the entire community in the ongoing pursuit of our Mission.
- All members of the community are able to articulate an understanding of the Mission
- Communications are responsive, appropriate for the audience, interactive, and ongoing
- All decisions are driven by a focus, alignment and coherence with the Mission.
Align resource allocations with Mission, Beliefs, and Master Strategies.
- Focus, alignment and coherence with the Mission drive all policies and fiscal decisions.
- Human, material, and creative resources efficiently and effectively support the Mission and Beliefs.