North Salem High School On Campus Student Parking
Student parking on campus is a privilege and a responsibility. There are a limited number of student spots therefore each student will be required to earn the privilege to park on campus.
We view driving on campus and driving in general very seriously. After considerable conversations with our District Safety Committee we have decided to develop the student parking program described below.
How can I earn the privilege to park on campus?
1. Must have a valid NYS Driver’s license
2. Fill out appropriate paperwork obtained in main office
3. Have earned a total of 50 safe driving education points as a minimum requirement to be considered for a spot
4. Seniors will be given student spots first. In early November, if spots are still available, a Junior “lottery” will be held for the remaining spot.
How can I earn safe driver education points?
(combine any of the following to accumulate 50 safe driving educational points)
1. Attend (and provide proof) of passing an accredited Driver's Education Program. - 25 pts.
2. Attend special assemblies that may be offered throughout the year - 15 pts.
3. Attend a 1 period safety lesson taught by the School Resource Officer -15pts (offered in the fall /spring year)
4. Other student designed experience - 15 pts (must be approved by school administrator)
5. Signed Parent and Stduent Contract - 5 pts (available in main office)
6. Watch the video "Driving Stupid" located in the MS/HS Library - Complete the following forms: Driving Stupid-Pre_Post Test; Driving Stupid-Take Action Against Distraction; Driving Stupid-Smart Responses for Stupid Driving - 10 pts (all forms must be complete)
7. Review videos on line—Complete personal reflection form and submit a hard copy to the main office.—5 pts each video with reflection.