NORTH SALEM HIGH SCHOOL PARKING RULES AND REGULATIONS
The North Salem High School administration reserves the right to deny, grant, or withdraw off-campus leave privileges, and/or driving and parking privileges to any student at any time during the school year.
Parking a vehicle on school property is a privilege, not a right. Please review all parking regulations with your parents. Students who park on campus must be “in good standing” with the school.
Excessive tardiness and illegal absences will result in a loss of parking privileges.
- greater than 10 unexcused lates to school = 7 day parking suspension
- greater than 20 unexcused lates to school = 14 day parking suspension
- greater than 30 unexcused lates to school = loss of parking privilege
- Parking privileges can be rescinded due to inappropriate behavior or poor academic performance.
VEHICLE REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND CONSEQUENCES FOR NON-COMPLIANCE:
1. Students who operate a motor vehicle on campus should fully understand their duties and responsibilities. Students who violate parking regulations are subject to any or all of the following consequences:
- Revocation of parking privilege
- Disciplinary action
2. Only one permit will be issued per student. Students may register up to two of their family vehicles.
3. Students with proper registration must park their motor vehicles in their assigned parking space, front-end first, with permit clearly displayed in the rear window.
4. Vehicles must be parked in assigned spaced. Students may not park in un-numbered faculty spaces, visitor spaces, or other undesignated areas. Vehicles parked in the wrong space, or unauthorized areas, will be ticketed and the permit will be subject to revocation.
5. Inform the main office immediately of any changes in vehicle or license plate. A copy of the vehicle registration will be required.
6. Parking permits and spaces are non-transferable. Students may not sell, or give their assigned space/permit to another student.
PARKING LOT SAFETY
All students must abide by all New York Traffic Laws regarding seatbelt usage and automobile operations when on campus, arriving or departing campus. Failure to abide could result in disciplinary action and revocation of parking privileges.
The school district is not responsible for damages to, or theft from, vehicles. Students are cautioned NOT to leave valuables in their vehicles. Parked vehicles should be left with windows closed and doors locked.
Student vehicles are subject to search if there is reasonable suspicion to believe that drugs, alcohol, stolen property, or other contraband is present in the vehicle.
Underclassmen are not-permitted to leave campus without permission at any time during the school day. Driving such students off school property will result in disciplinary action and possible revocation of parking privileges. Any student who checks out of school early must follow early dismissal sign-out procedures in the main office.