• Engineering Technology/Principles of Engineering

    This exciting course is based on a hands-on set of real-world case studies that give a basic understanding of engineering principles. Among the many interesting roles, students find themselves playing are those of civil, aerospace, electrical and mechanical engineers. Students will be involved in designing and constructing projects in areas such as auto safety crash test, programmable robotics, wind-powered generators, pinball machines, rat-trap powered vehicles and building a structure. There will be plenty of opportunities to individualize the projects to match your own interests. Approximately 75 percent of this course is devoted to project work. The remaining 25 percent will be demonstrations, lessons, and other instructional techniques. This course will fulfill the graduation requirement for a third science credit.