• Advanced Wood/Residential Structures

    *Prerequisite: Basic Woodworking or instructor’s approval.

    This course deals with advanced methods of woodworking. Machine tools are stressed, as well as the creation of wood projects using advanced techniques. Some of the materials may need to be provided by the student. Also included may be a segment on the components necessary for constructing a residential structure. Students may build a scale-model home from blueprints. They may experience the processes of mixing and pouring cement; framing walls, floors, ceilings, windows, and doors; roofing; hanging and taping drywall; as well as some basic electricity. Approximately 75 percent of this course is devoted to projects. The remaining 25 percent will be demonstrations, lessons, and other instructional techniques.