Explore subjects not normally covered by typical grade-level curriculum; examine topics in greater depth.
Acquire independent work habits, take initiative for choosing and planning areas of in-depth study.
Develop problem-solving skills as shown by the ability to:
- identify the problem
- analyze the problem
- generate possible solutions
- collect pertinent information/data
- predict results
- defend conclusion and evaluate results
Develop advanced research techniques.
Demonstrate creative thinking by encouraging:
Demonstrate critical thinking by:
- examining all possibilities
- analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating one’s own ideas and the ideas of others
- being able to support or justify decisions
Demonstrate effective skills by:
- accepting self and others
- working cooperatively with others
- sharing information and ideas with others
- utilizing feedback to improve performance