- Pequenakonck Elementary
PQ Tuesday Newsday August 27
Tuesday Newsday August 27, 2019 Website: www.northsalemschools.org Twitter: @pq_elementary
See You Next Week!
We are loooking forward to seeing you all next week! We continue to make preparations to begin the 2019-2020 school year. The teachers are spending a great deal of time and energy getting their classrooms ready for their students. At Pequenakonck Elementary, the staff, faculty, and administration are honored that you entrust us with your children. The hours your children are with us each day are so important. We look forward to our continued work together this year! Tuesday Newsday will continue as our primary means of communication. It is so important that you read this newsletter each week as it will have relevant and timely information throughout the school year.
Important Back to School Information
- Family Open House will be held on Wednesday, September 4th from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. Parents and students are invited to meet their teachers and new classmates. School supply packs will be available in the cafeteria beginning at 3:00 pm.
- Thursday, September 5th is the FIRST day of school! It is a full day of school for all students in Grades 1-5.
- Kindergarteners will be dismissed at 11:30 am. The first full day for Kindergarteners will be Monday, September 16th.
- The first PTO Meeting and New Parent Tea will be on Thursday, September 5th at 9:00 am in the Multi-Purpose Room. Please mark your calendars and plan to join us!
- Kindergarten and NEW Family PTO Social – Friday, September 13th at 5:00 pm – A great way to meet new families to the school!
- Kindergarteners, as well as First and Second Graders should wear name tags for the first two weeks of school. Name tags should include the child’s name, bus number, and teacher’s name! We will have staff throughout the building during arrival and dismissal to help students and the name tags will help a great deal! Please make sure your child knows his/her teacher’s name!
- Transportation questions like bus routes and schedules should be directed to Joe Senatore at 914-669-5854.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be served on the first day of school. Hot lunch including milk is $2.75. Milk is $0.65. Breakfast costs $1.40. Monthly menus will be posted on the district website. Parents can go to myschoolbucks.com to create or add money to your child’s account. Parents can also send a check directly to school and we will add it to your child’s account for you.
- Arrival time for students is 8:25 am. Dismissal is 3:05 pm. Parent Pick-up is in the gym and begins at 2:55 pm. All transportation changes MUST be put in School Dismissal Manager by 12:00 pm each day.
- All students MUST have the necessary immunization records at school by the first day in order to attend school. Please speak with our school nurse, Donna DeMeo, if you have any questions.
- Grade Level Supply Lists are available on the school website. We thank you for helping to make sure your child is ready for school with a backpack and these supplies. Backpacks are necessary for school. Please avoid loose strings, straps, and tags as a safety precaution for traveling on the buses. Backpacks with wheels are not advised.
School Dismissal Manager
We are excited to continue the use of School Dismissal Manager, our electronic dismissal management system. This web-based program allows you, the parent, to schedule and update your child(ren)’s dismissal plans, as well as report absences, late arrivals, and early dismissals at the click of a button on your mobile device or laptop computer. On Wednesday, August 28th we will be sending out the Welcome Letter and Parent Credentials for School Dismissal Manager. Please click on the link below for more information about School Dismissal Manager
PQ and Summer Reading
With many weeks of summer left, we hope you will continue to encourage your children to read! Be sure to have your child complete the summer reading bingo board and bring it to his/her teacher during the first few days of school. Here is the link for those forms: PQ Summer Reading Bingo Board
PQ Pointers has been updated with current information about daily life at school. It may help answer questions as the school year starts or be a quick reference throughout the school year. We hope you find this tool useful and welcome comments or suggestions for future revisions.
September 3 - Afterschool Enrichment (ASE) Registration begins
September 4 - PQ Family Open House 3:00 - 5:00 pm
September 5 - School Opens
September 5 - PQ PTO Meeting 9:00 am
September 7 - Afterschool Enrichment (ASE) Registration closes
September 11 - PQ Curriculum Night Kindergarten 6:30 Welcome 6:45 Classroom
September 11 - PQ Curriculum Night Grade 1 7:30 Welcome 7:45 Classroom
September 12 - PQ Curriculum Night Grade 2 6:30 Welcome 6:45 Classroom
September 12 - PQ Curriculum Night Grade 3 7:30 Welcome 7:45 Classroom
September 13 - Kindergarten and New Family Social 5:00 pm
September 16 - First Full Day of Kindergarten
September 19 - Grade 4/5 Band Meeting 6:00 pm
September 19 - PQ Curriculum Night Grade 4 6:30 Welcome 6:45 Classroom
September 19 - PQ Curriculum Night Grade 5 7:30 Welcome 7:45 Classroom
September 30-October 1 - Schools Closed Religious Observance